In this year characterized by great changes, having some fixed points does not hurt. Companies have to think more about innovations and risk management strategies. The Global Marketing Trends 2021 report synthesize the marketing and technology trends expected for 2021. The research is computer – based on two surveys: one conducted on nearly 2,500 adult consumers in America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East; the second out of more than 400 C – suite executives, including CMOs, of US global companies.
Marketing trends for 2021
The final assumption of this report is that trust and loyalty in brands are becoming increasingly important and related to each other.
Loss of confidence
One consequence of us a year of turmoil is that many managers have lost faith in their ability to influence colleagues and have a strategic impact. CMOs are confident fell from an already very low 5% to the 3%, less three CEOs from 55% to 35%.
From the point of view of consumers, however, most brands would have responded very well to the pandemic in general, deserving a general increase in loyalty to them.
The 7 Expected Trends
But what are the trends for 2021? Mainly they have been identified 7, all characterized by the breakdown of the in-minded traditional still too often related business, to open the issue of satisfaction of human needs. Let’s see what they are.
- Purpose: the brands that will work in 2021’s or not those who “know why they exist”. Those who have served and are aware of the importance of stakeholders, making it valuable allies to deal with the changes.
- Agility: Those who invest in imagination, innovation and above all in flexible marketing strategies will be successful.
- Human Connections: create authentic connections become more and more valuable, surpassing in importance the efficiency or speed of commercialization.
- Trust: arises when what is promised is what is actually given. This is why the communication is transparent, consistent and reliable.
- Participation: Central is also the involvement of the client into a deeper level, accessible to such wicked through the exchange of advice among customers and the conversations with the brand; it will be the brand’s job to encourage this exchange.
- Fusion: it focuses on and potential that companies poss or no increase putting up innovative business partnerships and unusual.
- Transformation of talents: the marketing team must learn to develop new models of talent management, so as to promote the differentiation in an environment with rapid or change. Divent a functional creating a team that knows how to best reflect the competitive role of the company, made up for example from the heads of information about the data and responsible for creating dynamic content.
These trends respond to the expectations that consumers have towards brands, and at the same time most of them are deeply linked to the technological maturity of the organization.
Being agile becomes a factor centrally in the corporate culture, the way to work and encouraging the accelerates and the digital transformation.